The Asia Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (APFCB) grew from a collaboration of the AACB with other Asia Pacific Clinical Chemistry Associations (particularly Japan, Singapore and New Zealand) in the 1970's and adopted its constitution in 1982.
The vision of the APFCB is to promote education and training in Clinical Biochemistry throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
The AACB pays an annual fee to the APFCB which gives AACB members access to discounts for APFCB events including their major conferences which are held every 3 years.
AACB members are also entitled to sit on APFCB Committees.
The APFCB also links to the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC) representing the Asia-Pacific region.
The AACB continues to be an active member of the Asia Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry (APFCB). Our members sit on a number of committees and continue to make significant contributions to training courses in the region (e.g. Vietnam and Malaysia).
The APFCB currently has a number of national and area member associations of clinical biochemistry and laboratory medicine in the Asia-Pacific region including:
- Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists (AACB)
- Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine (CSLM)
- Hong Kong Society of Clinical Chemistry (HKSCC)
- Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBI)
- Indonesian Association for Clinical Chemistry (IACC)
- Japan Society of Clinical Chemistry (JSCC)
- Korean Society of Clinical Chemistry (KSCC)
- Malaysian Association of Clinical Biochemists (MACB)
- Nepal Association for Medical Laboratory Sciences (NAMLS)
- Pakistan Society of Chemical Pathologists (PSCP)
- Philippine Association of Medical Technologists (PAMET)
- Singapore Association of Clinical Biochemists (SACB)
- Association for Clinical Biochemistry, Sri Lanka (ACBSL)
- Association for Clinical Biochemistry, Taipei, China (CACB)
- Thailand Association of Clinical Biochemists (TACB)
- Vietnamese Association of Clinical Biochemistry (VACB)
All Ordinary APFCB members are also IFCC members.