Key Incident Monitoring & Management Systems (KIMMS) Workshop
The KIMMS workshop will be held on Friday 19 May 2017, directly after the Harmonisation Workshop (17-18 May).
Pre and Post Analytical Errors account for up to 90% of Pathology failures – how do you deal with this?
The workshop will cover: Extra-analytical KPI’s and KIMMS, The KIMMs program, The value and use of KIMMS, Future directions for KIMMS
The workshop format will include: Informative talks followed by round table discussions. Suitable for current and potential users of the RCPAQAP KIMMS program.
Registration includes workshop sessions, arrival coffee/tea, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Early Bird Registration (before 21 April 2017) - $260.00
- Standard Registration Fee (from 22 April 2017) - $300.00
*The KIMMS Participant Registration fee applies if you work for an organisation currently enrolled in the RCPAQAP KIMMS program.
5 Scholarships are available for KIMMS participants via RCPAQAP. Scholarships cover a free enrolment to the workshop. Please send requests to Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 April 2017 with a short reason as to why you should be considered for a scholarship.
Venue, Accommodation & Parking
Venue: Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, Cnr O'Riordan St & Bourke Rd, Mascot. Click here for location.
Undercover parking is available for $15 per day or $20 overnight, subject to availability. We recommend taking public transport where possible - Mascot train station is 5min from the venue.
Accommodation Options: There are a number of accommodation options available in Mascot, including the meeting venue, Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.
- Holiday Inn Sydney Airport - AACB corporate rate is AU$211 room only per night (subject to availability). Book direct here.
- Adina Apartment Sydney Airport - directly across from the meeting venue. Book direct here - best available rates apply.
- Meriton Apartments Sydney Airport - approx. 10min walk to meeting venue. Book direct here - best available rates apply.
- Ibis Sydney Airport - approx. 10min walk to meeting venue. Book direct here - best available rate apply.
|0900||Registration, tea and coffee|
|0930||Welcome - Dr Tony Badrick|
|Session 1 - Chair: Dr Tony Badrick|
|0935||Extra-analytical KPI’s and KIMMS - Dr Ken Sikaris|
|1000||Current KIMMS program - Ms Stephanie Gay|
|Session 2 - Chair: Dr Ken Sikaris|
|1045||Value and Use of KIMMS - A/Prof David Porter and Ms Lynn Nelson|
|1115||Future Direction for KIMMS - Dr Tony Badrick|
|1230-1430||Round Tables (30min each) - Chair: Dr Tony Badrick|
|1500||Summations - Chair: Dr Ken Sikaris|
|4 x 20 min summaries from round tables – Dr Susan Weston, Mr Mark Mackay, Ms Rosemary Cooper, Mr Jason Graefling|
|1620||Closing remarks - Dr Ken Sikaris|
19th May 17
Venue: Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, Mascot
Registrations Open: 8th Feb 17 12:00 AM
Registrations Close: 12th May 17 11:59 PM
Cost: AU $ 260.00 (Inc. GST)Back
- KIMMS Workshop Program.pdf ( 775.4 kB )