The Association places a high priority on continuing education. Most Branches conduct regular tutorial classes and the Chemical Pathology Course is held annually in conjunction with the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. Advice and guidance on these activities is given by each Branch Education Committee representative of the Association.
Members are encouraged to obtain the postgraduate qualification offered by the Association through its Board of Examiners.
Written examinations for Membership and Fellowship of the Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists are held annually. Details are published in the December edition of The Clinical Biochemist Newsletter. Candidates successful at the written examination are invited to attend a viva voce examination, which is held in the same city as, and just before, the Annual Scientific Conference.
The AACB holds a number of meetings and educational events throughout the year, to cater to the wide ranging scientific interests of its members. Each year, the AACB holds the following meetings:
- Annual Scientific Conference (held annually and rotates between, QLD, NSW & VIC)
- RCPA AACB Chemical Pathology Course (held annually and rotates around Australia).
- Scientific Education Seminars
- The AACB Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Committee develops and supports symposia that are focused at both the AACB membership and to other health practitioner groups that use laboratory and point-of-care testing.
- Webinars - the AACB runs a monthly webinar on various topics relevant to Clinical Chemistry
- Touring Lectures:
- Roman Travelling Lecture
- Branch Meetings
- Each AACB branch runs their own meetings and functions for members. Please refer to your local branch for more details or events calendar for branch events.
Current meetings can be found on the Events section of the website.
- APACE Workbook (282.8 kB)