Recommendations for use of Troponin POC
“Recommendations for Use of Point-of-Care (POC) Troponin Assays in Assessment of Acute Coronary Syndrome” were endorsed in December 2016.
The recommendations are presented in two formats:
- Executive summary outlining the key clinical and laboratory recommendations
- Comprehensive document explaining the recommendations and the evidence behind them (Appendix 3), and the process of the development of the document (Appendix 1).
The recommendations are supplemented with the below tools to facilitate implementation:
- Executive summary of key recommendations for clinical and laboratory staff
- Diagnostic algorithms for different POC troponin assays (see Appendix 2 for examples)
- Educational materials including 2 slide presentations of the recommendations and 3 case studies.
Responses from the AACB Troponin Working Party were provided to comments received as outlined in the ‘Responses to Comments’ document.
The Recommendations were endorsed by:
- Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists (AACB)
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA)
- Integrated Cardiovascular Clinical Network CHSA
- New South Wales Health Pathology
- Pathology Queensland